Last Thursday, Madelyn had a field trip to Greenview Aviaries and Zoo. I was so thankful when we got the notice home that the trip was scheduled on a Thursday since I don't work on Thursdays. She was excited to have me along.
For such a small place, I cannot believe how many animals there were! Tigers and Lions and Bears, OH MY! Seriously, though, very impressive for the size of the place.
There was a huge play equipment area that Madelyn loved playing on, a splash pad (which was too cold to use on this particular day, but we are looking forward to going back!) and a zip line! Madelyn didn't want to attempt, but that was fine with me! And, of course, the animals!! Here are just a few of our favs:
![]() |
| This is Carl the Tiger |
![]() |
| You can buy buckets of food to feed the animals. The girls loved to feed the deer, monkeys and lemurs the best. |
![]() |
| Madelyn apparently can speak Peacock, they answered her as she called out and they all spread their fans for her as we walked by. |
![]() |
| My favourite, the baby snow monkey and his mom. The baby fell of this gate and made a little cry and the mom came running over and scooped him up and ran away with him. It was so sweet! |
We mostly explored with one of her friends and her mom and then split off after lunch. It was so cold, and they had a snack bar, so I decided to get us a hot lunch instead of eating the cold lunch we packed. Madelyn said it was the best hot dog ever, lol, I think she was just hungry.
While on the bus I talked with another mom who told me that her daughter, Kaleigh, had been asking to have Madelyn come over for a playdate, but she didn't know how to get in touch. We exchanged information, which is so great! I was worried about how Madelyn had been interacting socially at school, since she can be a little shy, so this makes me feel better knowing that she does have at least one friend.
All in all, good field trip! Madelyn has another one in a couple of weeks at a local pool, which I cannot go to since I work. Can't wait to see what is in store for next year!
SIDE NOTE: this post marks my 25th entry! I have 4 followers (yay!) and apparently some people are checking me out. Leave me a comment and say hey or if you don't already follow, please do! I like to know my audience.








No comments:
Post a Comment